6hr First Aid for Parents & Guardians
This course gives an insight into important First Aid skills, which are invaluable when accidents happen around the home – and when you’re out and about.
Who should attend?
- Specifically aimed at parents and Guardian’s
What they will learn
First Aid procedures relevant to the care of young children. A mixture of theory and practical elements will be included in your course.
- First Aid Kit
- Looking after yourself and the casualty
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Infant, Child and Adult CPR
- Infant, Child and Adult Choking
- Minor Head Injuries
- Bleeding and Shock
- Minor burns
- Basic treatment of Fractures
- 6 hours
- Continuous assessment by trainer
A First Rescue certificate, valid for three years, is issued on successful completion of the course. This course is aimed at parents and guardians and is not suitable for childcarers/minders for use in the workplace.