2 Day First Aid for Mental Health & Well-being in the Workplace
First Aid for Mental Health & Well-being in the Workplace 2 Day (FAIB Approved)
This course as been specially Developed by the First Aid Industry Body (FAIB). Our full 2 day course qualifies delegates as First Aiders for Mental Health & Wellbeing in the Workplace. This course provides a meaningfull understanding of what mental health is and what factors can affect wellbeing.
Our two day course qualifies employees as First Aiders for Mental Health & Well-being in the Workplace
This course covers:
- Recognising possible signs and symptoms of a person that has mental ill-health or is suffering with stress
- Understanding Mental Health and its stigma
- Using a Mental Health Plan to help those in crisis or need
- Finding external professional help and guidance
- The law in relation to mental health in the workplace
- Best practice when helping someone to stay in work or return to work
- understanding of more complex mental health conditions
- Promoting well-being in the workplace and how you can become an Ambassador for Mental Health and Well-being
- Information on self-care to aid prevention to help others and yourself
What to expect
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities and each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan. We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A certificate of attendance to say they are a First Aider for Mental Health & Well-being in the Workplace
Currently we only offer this course for groups on-site at your place of work – contact us on 0370 850 1186 for a quote.