Celox Rapid Haemostatic Gauze
- Stops life-threatening, including arterial, bleeding
- Highly effective, professional trauma product, chosen after vigorous evaluation as new haemostatic gauze of choice by the British MOD for use in all military services
- Stops major bleeds in 1 minute
- Clots hypothermic blood and blood containing anti-coagulants including Warfarin and Heparin
- Celox granules form a gel plug without generating any heat. Residual chitosan is safely absorbed by the body
Developed for military use, Celox Rapid Haemostatic Gauze works to stop life-threatening bleeding after just 60 seconds of compression. Celox Rapid is so effective that its been selected by the United Kingdoms Ministry of Defence as the haemostat of choice for all branches of the armed forces.
Reducing the duration of compression by 3 to 1 minute compared to standard Celox Gauze, Celox Rapid increases the chances of survival for casualties suffering major blood loss following traumatic injury, and enables quicker evacuation of casualties in dangerous situations. Celox Rapid contains advanced Chito-R activated chitosan granules that stick to wet tissue and forms an adhesive gel which seals the wound and stops the flow of blood.
Suitable for stopping lethal bleeding from major wounds including road traffic accidents, ballistic injuries, knife wounds and blast damage, the gauze is packed directly onto the wound and then held with pressure for 1 minute. This is an ideal product for emergency services, military use, corporate security, high-profile public venues or high-risk industries and workplaces, including building sites, oil rigs, petrochemical plants, heavy industry, work with dangerous animals, motorsport, tree surgery and glass cutting.
To learn more about how Celox works, click here.